A graduate nursing student embarks on a path of health gain and weight loss through the LapBand procedure. Watch and learn, kids.

September 27, 2006

Day 16

Hey all, it has been 16 days since my surgery and I'm feeling..normal! Just a tiny bit of port pain every now and then, that's all. I made it through liquids/puree and I start mushies tomorrow (though I cheated and had a scrambled egg tonight, I couldn't face any more cream of wheat alone). I feel good but I've only lost 7.5 pounds since surgery which seems kind of lame compared to a lot of people on the OH board. But hell, I've lost 19.5 overall since my preop diet, so that's cool..haven't been hungry at bit. It has been super fun to wear clothes I haven't worn in years and actually look CUTE, and have them even be too big. I think I'm gonna spend all my time this year either pulling up my pants or buying new ones. Shirts are easier to wear big, but not pants. Other news--yesterday I got my RN license! I've been studying all month and got it, now I'm in a MN program for infectious disease nurse practitioner. Life is good. NB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Page Visitor Counters
Geo Visitors Map